Below are the details of the above competition that is being held this year.
There has been a lot of interest and it has been agreed to extend the closing date for entries to the 17th June.
If you are interested and have not yet entered please contact our Secretary Les Fish either on 07793 000208 or by using the email on the website contact section.
It promises to be a very enjoyable competition with rewards for the successful.
Top four teams all receive cash prizes from the £420 Prize Pot
After the success of last season’s Imagine Cruising Shield Competition, we are delighted to announce that Imagine Cruising have agreed to sponsor it again for 2022. It will be more interesting, with more prizes and open to more clubs.
We have taken on board your comments about the congestion of fixtures early in the season due to county and national matches so the competition will not commence until mid to late June.
The following is the format of the competition subject to the number of teams entering, each team will play at least 2 games.
Round One – (June/July) Groups of three teams play each other once in a ‘Round Robin’ with the top two teams progressing to the knockout stage.
Round Two – (August) Knock out stage to provide six teams for the final’s day.
Finals Day – Held at Calne Bowls Club on 11th September. Six teams will all play each other in a ‘Round Robin’. The First four teams will all receive a cash prize.
Rules of entry:
- Clubs entering must be available to play in the final on Sunday the 11th of September 10.30am-4.30pm.
- Teams are to consist of two rinks of triples, each containing at least one lady.
- Teams must register the names of nine players per team (Players can be swapped for each game but must adhere to rule 2 above).
- Cost of entry is £30 per team (Includes free BBQ for the six finalists and for all nine registered players).
- Clubs can enter a second team but must adhere to rules 1-4 above.
- Entry form can be obtained from our Secretary Les Fish either on 07793 000208 or by using the email on the website contact section.
- Closing date for entries Friday 17th June
There has already been significant interest shown and the total entries will be capped at 36 teams and entered in the draw on a first come first served basis. The finals day will include a free BBQ for all teams, a ‘Target’ Competition, a ‘Spider’ Competition and a pre-drawn raffle (Each team is asked to bring a raffle prize).
1st Place – £150 Cash, Imagine Cruising Shield, Retained Trophy, Medals.
2nd Place -£120 Cash, Retained Trophy, Medals.
3rd Place -£90 Cash, Medals.
4th Place -£60 Cash.
Complete the entry form below.